Frequently Asked Questions
General Policy Statement
- The massage therapy given here is for the purposes of deep relaxation, stress management, reduction of muscular tension and developing holistic personal awareness. We do not diagnose illness, disease or any other physical disorder. We do not prescribe medication, or perform spinal manipulations.
- All massages are strictly therapeutic.
- We reserve the right to refuse to work on a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- We schedule the different therapies with 30 minutes to an hour between each appointment, this gives each therapist ample time for FULL SESSION with each client. Your first session will include a client intake form so that we can assess your needs for your treatment. To ensure that you have all the table time that is reserved especially for you, we recommend that you arrive a few minutes early to each scheduled appointment. This allows time to prepare for your session.
- Due to an increase in no shows, a credit card deposit is required to reserve session.
- You must be 18 or over to receive massage treatments or have consent of parent or legal guardian.
Safe Space Policy
- We respect all clients regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or political affiliation.
- As per the Florida Board of Massage & Bodywork Practice Act, we will maintain confidentiality of all client’s information except in the event the client agrees to disclosure in writing, or by court order.
- Payment is required to secure your session. We accept all major credit cards.
- FSA (Flex Spending Accounts) and HSA (Health Savings Accounts)are also accepted.
- Care Credit is NOT accepted.
- Invoices for submission can be provided for insurance billing, upon request.
- Speak with the therapist directly about style and depth of pressure. For massage, you should undress to the extent comfortable for you - your modesty will be respected. We provide full draping for the comfort of our clients and safe, non-sexual massage.
- Please maintain personal hygiene. Showering before your massage is required. In keeping with our commitment to cleanliness, safety and hygiene, our equipment is sterilized and sanitized to medical standards after every service and treatment.
- Please refrain from applying any strong scents, colognes, perfumes.
- If you smoke, please shower well before coming in. The smell can become imbedded into the table and other equipment.
- A client arriving late for their scheduled appointment cannot be guaranteed an extension of services. All appointments have been designed to allow the appropriate time for the full enjoyment of the service, and to accommodate a full day of reservations we must respect the time of others. Your late arrival may limit our ability to offer the fullest experience possible. An unhurried and relaxing treatment will be rendered only for the remainder of the scheduled session. You will be responsible for the full service.
- Haven Massage & Wellness respectfully requests the courtesy of a 24-hour cancellation notice of an appointment. Your massage session is reserved especially for you. If you are within this booking time, you are considered confirmed for your treatment and the cancellation policy will be in effect. Without this notification, you will be charged for the session. This policy also applies to members and gift card holders. Your therapist is reserved especially for you and this will pay for the time they set aside for you.
- We understand that life “happens” and that sometimes-last minute cancellations will be necessary for you to make. These rare cases may have the fee waived.
- If the therapist fails to show or give notice within the same 24 hour period you will be rufunded your payment AND giVEn credit for A FULL TREATMENT
- Recognizing that we do schedule the time just for you, have other clients to consider, and have to maintain a smoothly running business, if you do not call to cancel your appointment within the 24-hour cancellation period or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged full price for the scheduled service.
- Same day cancellations will receive a credit of 50% of the fee for scheduled service, to be applied at a future time.
- We still must pay our therapists even if a client is a no show or cancels late.**